Many eastern philosophies meditate in search of a childlike mind. A mind fresh and new without the baggage of suffering. In putting aside these negative thoughts and emotions the mind turns back to a state where the world becomes a playground for curiosity and questions just like that of a child. The mind puts away the continuous internal dialogue and frees itself to an unlimited state where anything is possible and the questions of how? and why? persist. The context of the world becomes void of CAN’T and JUDGMENT and turns into one of WONDER.
Wonder is worth looking at further and is defined in the following way:
1. to think or speculate curiously
2. to be filled with admiration, amazement, or awe; marvel
3. to speculate curiously or be curious about; be curious to know
As human beings we view life through a set of personal eyes that create from a space of emotion, and personal dialogue and motive. Rather than dealing with a life of “what’s so’ we give life to these events. Even horrific events beyond imagination are events that happened and are now over yet our mind brings these events forward into the creation of our life everyday. We are then robbed of seeing the freshness and the WONDER in every moment of our existence.
If we were to set aside all of our thoughts, feelings and emotions and took life for what it is directly in the NOW the creation of our world would be drastically different. It is almost as if we stepped out of our body and looked at our situation as a kind stranger, unattached to the past. We would view life in a HAPPENING AT THIS MOMENT context. From this space we could then step into a place of wonder and be curious in every moment.
Bringing WONDER into our lives at every moment allows us to take responsibility for our own lives. In a state of Wonder we can no longer be a victim, or play the blame game. We alone are responsible for the creation of our lives. We choose our creation. Our state of being is our existence. Happiness = Being Happy. Love = Being Loving. In a state of Wonder we no longer have the ability to create the negative states of anger, and frustration as we no longer have the answers in life or the expectation in how life should be. All that is left is Wonder in every circumstance.
Bring Wonder into your life and create freedom at every moment. Life will become new and fresh. Each day an entirely new moment to embrace.
Call to Action:
- Get present to your life each day and look where WONDER is missing. Get present to where you bring expectation, and judgment to your life and relationships. Get present and remove this way of being.
- Bring WONDER into every aspect of your life. Bring the deepest levels of wonder and truly see life as a child in a state of curiosity and exploration. See life in the state that anything is possible. This is the fuel of dreams. This is the fire of creativity.
- BE. Be LOVE. Be Happy. BE….
Thomas D. Craig
Author A Cup of Buddha